Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2023

The neverchampions season review 2022/23

The good news in retrospect is that the Bayer will also play internationally next year. And this, although, the team crawled to the finish. In retrospect, however, it must also be noted that the exit in the cup in the first round in Elversberg and the subsequent start to the season were underground. With the change of coach to Alonso, we then went from 17th to 6th place in the league and in the Europa League we only had to admit defeat to Roma in a spectacular semi-final.

But back to the season forecast from 1.8.2022:
https://neverchampions.blogspot.com/2022/08/the-never-champions-season-forecast.html

Somehow, my season prediction seems to continue to show consistency in that I correctly predicted three out of four Champions League participants, as I did last year. I had Wolfsburg at 4, but they were only 8th in the final table, so Union got one of the 4 CL places. I myself had clearly underestimated them and had only seen them in 11th place.
 
In addition to Union, certainly one of the winners of the year SC Freiburg, which I had expected only 9th place and which came in as 5th. "Consistency will also stand out this year. Streich can also keep the class this year with the squad, but certainly not qualify for Europe again." Yes, you can be wrong like that.

Place 6 then for us, I had trusted the Werkself place 5.
 
7th place then, as I expected, Eintracht Frankfurt.
 
Hoffenheim also developed negatively for me, I had expected them to finish 6th. In the end, however, it was only 12th place and the securing of the class preservation also only shortly before the end.

Let's move on to the relegation places. My prediction was Schalke 16, Stuttgart 17, Bochum 18.
In fact, the table shows: Stuttgart 16, Schalke 17 and Hertha 18. I had seen Hertha at 10, but you've seen this year that money doesn't shoot goals and the irritations in the environment are not good for the points yield.

For most teams, the season is over now. Why there are still international matches in June is a mystery to very few.

And it all starts on August 11, 2023, with the start of the first main round of the DFB Cup. The league then starts a week later and before that there is also the never master season forecast 2023/24.
Stay healthy, everyone.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Five-pack on the Main: Leverkusen's goal parade leaves Frankfurt in awe

In a season that looks more like a marathon, Bayer 04 Leverkusen once again put in a sprint that would make even Usain Bolt jealous. Our boy...